Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Really? Genetics?


Summer 2013      59 years young 
When I think that our health agenda is inherited... I think, "Wow! am I glad I got  parents with good genes..." but even in saying that, I know that "I" rule my own good health...

I was the first person in my family with cancer(Thyroid Cancer)...way back in the 70's, recovered, and forget about it until it is all the talk...and then in the 80's, my sister died of Germ Cell Cancer...  A very sad death...
So I sit here, 35 years past cancer with a sister that died at the young 35... None related...

My goal has always been to prevent illness...and I was and I still am very aware about stress, poor nutrition and a lack of exercise which can kill your immune system...  Instead, my habit is to re-framing my stress in the very stressful time, stay nourished on fresh non-processed food as well as my "super-dooper vitamins" and staying mobile, I walk  everywhere I can..  I stay aware that if I am responsible for my future good health. (FYI, My sister had the same parents with "good genes")

Yes, I have had stressful and challenging times but in these challenging times I remember, re-frame and create stress relief activities.,...such as, Surround myself with FUNNY people because...Laughter is good for your Immune System and well as your Soul.

I have not had any health issues for many many years... Laughter is my favorite language, Body Wise is my favorite "super-dooper vitamin" and living in Carlsbad is my favorite place to stay active.

It is time for you too to stay healthy!!!  
Lets grow old gracefully and in GREAT HEALTH!
My Mom, My Dad, My Grandson Willie and Me...2012
Mom: 81, Dad:83, Willie: 8, Me: 59

No comments:

Post a Comment